Like A Butterfly

I opened the door and it rushed in,
A small, fragile little thing 
"Fascinating, I said. 
Colourful wings, flapping ever so fast,
Yet so delicate. 

It dashed up and down, left and right,
Everywhere it went, dancing with all its might. 

I admired it, "Oh what a beauty!"

Suddenly, it occurred to me,
How this beauty once was free 

But now, trapped in this space

Surely imprisoned in this room
It must have thought "This is surely my doom!"
But it kept at it anyway,

Trying so hard to find a way out 
Not deterred, not letting its hope go out

I opened the door again,
Out it flew,
Moving swiftly in its freedom zone.
Perhaps I could learn something from this after all,
Never giving up, never losing hope at all.

1 Comments

Comment

Post a Comment

Comment

Comment

Previous Post Next Post